Saturday, December 17, 2011

There is a happiness which is lost...

There is a happiness which is lost. It's a happiness which is present when most adults are children. It's a happiness that is present in knowing one is safe and loved. It begins to disappear as one grows and matures. Because it's a happiness rooted in safety and the sense of knowing one is loved, it begins to fade a bit as one leaves the home.

Facing the big, bad world is scary. It brings the unknown into one's life and each human on earth, at least all whom I've come in contact with, are afraid of the unknown. Truly there is an innocence which is lost as one grows, but I feel there is also a sense of happiness which is lost. I'm not saying we can't be happy without the safety of our home and our parents, but there is a certain sense of happiness that fades in knowing finances, food and shelter are going to be taken care of by someone who loves us, someone who has the same blood running through their veins.

For me, I am able to take comfort in knowing that I have a God who loves me and is taking care of me beyond my family home and my own parents. That is reassuring.

Just a few musings from my mind on a Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment