Friday, December 9, 2011

Prayer for the Pastor would be great!

As I sit here typing this, I think about prayer and what it means to me when someone says, "I'm praying for you." Sometimes I believe it. At other times I hope it's true. Either way, when you pray for your pastor, it's one of the most important actions you can participate in concerning him.

Take time to pray for your pastor. Every now and then, tell him you do. It will make his day and maybe even his month or year.

As it so happens, while I did not intend to add this to this post, I would like you to pray for me as I serve on the board of the Princess Theatre in Winnsboro and on the Board of Trustees for the Baptist Message. Neither will tax me, but I do want to serve well in both of those roles. Thankfully they will not take away from me passion of shepherding God's people at FBC.

One more thing…
Huge thanks to Rev. Johnny Hankins, and wife Pam, as they shared with our Triple L group on Thursday. They did a great job. They even taught us a bit of history! Thank you for the laughter as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment