Sunday, August 1, 2010

Baptism & reception

Well, we got to baptize two who made decisions in VBS today. I was so happy about that. What a note to leave on. God is SO GREAT!

It was also my last sermon at Calvary as pastor. Wow. I thought about it as I descended the steps of the baptistry. It's also the last time I am able to baptize at Calvary. It's the last time I'll use the "over the ear" mic. It's the last time I'll be able to see the wonderful faces of the body of Christ that is Calvary for a while. I learned a lot while at Calvary. I think there is a sermon in that statement somewhere.

As we make the move to Winnsboro, we look forward to forming new friendships and learning new faces. It's going to be good. Why? Because God always knows what He is doing and He is in control.

Thank you Calvary for almost eight years of ministry education. Thank you for putting up with some poor sermons. Thank you for it all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment