Monday, February 6, 2012

Reflection time/Lights went out...

Happy Birthday to me. Well, it's my birthday today. Did I do anything special? Not really. I went to the office. The day continues  by like any other with the exception of over 100 Happy Facebook Birthday greetings, a container of strawberries, a card and a gift certificate to San Marcos Mexican Restaurant. I also received some cologne, sleeping pants and sweat pants from my family. Oh, also cake and ice cream! Lol. Yes, I guess it was special. As I begin to age, I have found an urgency to make a difference in this world. I have taken some time to reflect and ask myself the question, "If I died today, would the world be a better place because I was here?" It's a question I find myself asking more and more.

Lights went out
 Sunday evening the lights went out. Close to 1,100 people in our area were without electricity. Remember what Sunday was? Yes, it was Super Bowl Sunday. The power went out around 5 p.m. I was supposed to be sharing the January Bible Study at 6 p.m. People came and left. After they left, at 6:05 p.m., the power came back on. Why did God allow this? Is He REALLY a football fan? I have my doubts. I question why it would happen to come on just after everyone left. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment